Are solar landscape lights worth it? That is the big question, and the answer isn’t as clear-cut as you may think. Below, we discuss the pros and cons of solar landscape lights so you can make the decision for yourself! If you decide that you need more help with your landscape lighting installation, we’re only a phone call away and would be happy to help you with our professional landscape lighting services.
The Pros and Cons of Solar Landscape Lights
The Pros of Solar Landscape Lights
- Solar landscape lights don’t require any external power source to power your landscape lights.
- Because they don’t need an external power source, your electric bill will not be affected by your solar landscape lights
- Solar landscape lights can be placed anywhere that has adequate sunlight
- Because no wiring is needed, solar landscape lighting can be installed in flowerbeds and other areas without worrying about accidentally cutting a wire
- Eco-friendly option
The Cons of Solar Landscape Lights
- Solar landscape lights must be placed where they will receive enough sunlight to adequately charge the internal battery that powers the led lights at night
- You will want to avoid solar landscape lights around trees, shrubs, bushes, or plants that could potentially block the sun from hitting the photovoltaic solar cell
- The solar cells on solar landscape lights need regular cleaning to ensure that they can harness the sun’s energy
- Solar landscape lights will not work as long on cloudy days and short-charging the batteries can wear them out quicker
- Overall, solar lights are not as reliable and don’t offer the customization available with a professional landscape lighting installation
Work With Landscape Lighting Professionals
Do you want assistance putting together the best landscape lighting plan for your home and property? Then contact the landscape lighting professionals at Mike’s Landscape Lighting! Our experts will meet with you, learn about the features that are most important for your lighting display, and set up a time that suits you best for installation. While DIY solar landscape lights may be an affordable alternative, you’ll be amazed at the quality of our work and the results. We look forward to working with you!